Pumpkins, apples, ghosts & goblins!

I’ll be the first to admit that autumn is not my favorite season. BUT one of my favorite things about the season is picking out a pumpkin and picking apples. It’s cheap entertainment and you get to enjoy the fall colors, bundle up in a sweatshirt and hang out with people you love. What’s better?

Find out about pumpkin patches all over Iowa (we always go to Williamson’s in Ankeny) or where to pick apples (my friend that teaches elementary school kids RAVES about Center Grove)! Other fun stuff for the season: pumpkin carving stencils or Halloween-themed foods.

If you’re new to town and want to take your little goblins and ghosts trick-or-treating, there’s a few things you should know…  Beggar’s night is usually the night BEFORE Halloween. (To check your area, click here for the Register’s guide) And in Iowa, lil beggars tell jokes at the door so make sure your lil ones are armed with a cheesy one-liner or knock-knock joke.

At DMU, students are invited to bring their families for tricks & treats on campus Oct. 29, 3:30 – 5:30 p.m.

Photo: the adorable son of a DMU co-worker.