A day in the life of Daley

I am sure you are all dying to know every detail of my life….so I figured I would fulfill all your hopes and dreams.

Most of you probably have no idea what our schedule looks like here at school considering we rarely come out of our little nook in the Academic Center. However I am going to give you a rundown of what my personal life looks like as a physician assistant student. Granted, everyone is completely different but for the most part this is a good idea of what life looks like for most of us. Things have changed throughout the year and depending on what classes we are taking the load is much different.

Right now my week looks like this:
Monday through Friday we have class from 8 a.m. to 50 p.m. with an hour lunch break. Rarely, we get out early but when we do it’s like Christmas (a little present each time). There are other times we have SPAL or simulation labs and things will look a bit different. For the most part I will take an hour break each night to grab dinner, work out, or do something to try to stay sane. I usually study 4-5 hours a night depending on what test we have that week. I will say this second semester I have found more time to hang out and watch pointless TV that seems to make me happy (Grey’s, Idol, Project Runway, etc).

I do attend Bible studies each Monday for 2 hours, teach hip hop class on Wednesday for an hour and nearly always take Friday nights off to do something fun and relaxing. I will say the schedule was much different during anatomy, physiology and pharmacology classes when I normally always studied on Friday nights. I just came to a point where I realized how beneficial it was to take a few times a week to enjoy myself and for me that is Friday nights.

Saturdays and Sundays are my make-up days. I usually study ALL day, like 8-10 hours. YES, you’re right, that’s insane. I typically study from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and have church Saturday nights. Sundays I study from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. (with intermittent breaks throughout the day). Granted, this is not the same for all students but is what my schedule looks like. So we are busy people, to say the least.

Now that I have fulfilled your dreams of knowing every detail of my life (haha) I will leave you with a picture of me and two of my classmates doing what we do best….studying! But don’t worry we do it in style at the local coffee shops while filling ourselves with caffeine!