That much-awaited moment of joy!

Hard work, perseverance, anticipation, relief and a readiness to pursue new opportunities all are evident at commencement, including at DMU’s summer graduation ceremony on Aug. 17. While small in number – 16 degrees were awarded in health care administration, public health, anatomy, biomedical sciences and osteopathic medicine – the graduates represent great achievement, pride and promise. The graduates gladly received their hoods – in these photos, beige for recipients of the master of health care administration (M.H.A.) degree; golden yellow for those earning a master’s degree in anatomy (M.S.A.) – as well as hugs and best wishes from family, friends and faculty.

Above, Craig Canby, Ph.D., professor of anatomy, and Pamela Duffy, P.T., Ph.D., OCS, CPC, RP, assistant professor of public health, hood Hilary Gerten, who completed her master’s in anatomy. Gerten isn’t saying goodbye to DMU yet, however.

“After two great years at DMU, I’m proud to have finally received my master’s degree in anatomy,” she says. “I’m now continuing my DMU journey in the D.O. program, and I’m looking forward to applying my knowledge of human anatomy and teaching to become an osteopathic physician.”

Summer Commencement photos

View the full gallery at www.dmu.edu/photos/summer-commencement-2012/

Summer Commencement 2012 (87) Summer Commencement 2012 (21) Summer Commencement 2012 (26) Summer Commencement 2012 (55) Summer Commencement 2012 (78) Summer Commencement 2012 (85)