Tracy L. Kahl, D.O.’00

Tracy L. Kahl, D.O.'00
Tracy L. Kahl, D.O.’00

Kahl joined the Family Medicine Clinic in Onawa, IA, and the medical staff at Burgess Health Center. She completed her family practice residency at Iowa Lutheran Hospital in Des Moines, IA, in 2003 and is board-certified by the American Board of Family Medicine. She practices a full spectrum of family medicine with an emphasis in women’s health and obstetrics, including C-sections. Her special interests in medicine also include sports medicine, dermatology and osteopathic manipulation. 

“I truly enjoy the broad spectrum of my family medicine practice, from delivering babies to emergency care to nursing home rounds. But it is the personal relationship I develop with my patients that gives me the greatest job satisfaction,” said Dr. Kahl. “By living and practicing in a rural community, I have the opportunity to know a patient’s history and their family history so I can better care for them through the good or difficult times.” 

After 10 years of practicing medicine in Manning, IA, Kahl and husband, Wendel, relocated to Onawa. Their two children attend college in Nebraska. Brooke is a sophomore pre-medicine major at the University of Nebraska, and Cody is a freshman at Wayne State College on a football scholarship where he studies exercise science.